Ingrid Beer at The Cozy Apron—a site where she shares her creative culinary master pieces and love for food—encourages us to top our Texas grills with one of her favorite summertime treats.
Grilled Cinnamon Plums with Sweetened Mascarpone, Vanilla Honey and Toasted Pine Nuts
- 4 ounces mascarpone (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, divided use
- 10 small plums, softly ripe, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus a sprinkle for garnish
- 4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- 4 leaves fresh mint, for garnish
Preheat the grill (or a grill pan) to medium heat. In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone with 1 tablespoon of the honey and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla. Whisk together with a fork until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
In another small bowl or ramekin, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss together the halved and pitted plums with the vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of the honey and the 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Did You Know?
In the U.S., California produces the most plums due to mild winters, but other major plum producing states include Idaho, Michigan, Oregon and Washington.