The 8th annual event benefiting the Boys & Girls Harbor honored legendary news anchor, Dave Ward. Malone shared the stage alongside Concours chairman, Bob Fuller, to announce a gift presentation to Ward for his countless community contributions and his tireless work as one of Houston’s most dedicated public servants.
Guests enjoyed a variety of classic car and boat inspired gourmet hors d’oeurves and exceptional wine, a Kendra Scott mystery jewelry pull, a luxurious live and silent auction and a raffle to win a 2017 Lincoln Continental.
Six of Houston’s top restaurants tested their head chefs’ creativity by requesting custom dishes and wine pairings to complement a classic vehicle or boat to be featured in the upcoming Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance.
The chef and classic vehicle/boat pairings included:
- Chef Giancarlo Ferrara of Amalfi Ristorante Italiano & Bar – 1961 Maserati 5000 GT owned by DriverSource
- Jonathan Salgado of Masraff’s – 1954 Packard Caribbean owned by Jon Hodges
- Executive Chef Brandi Key of SaltAir Seafood Kitchen – 19-foot Century 1964 Resorter named “Wasserweibchen” owned by Dave and Johnnie Person
- Executive Chef Danny Trace of Brennan’s of Houston – 1957 Mercedes 190 SL Roadster owned by Wogbe Ofori
- Carmelo Mauro of Carmelo’s Italian Restaurant – 1950 Custom Made Joerns owned by Steve Quance
- Scott French of Mister French’s Gourmet Bakery – 1971 Dodge Charger Hemi owned by Darryl and Linda Wischnewsky
All six restaurants, car and boat owners were recognized for their tremendous efforts and generous contributions to the event.
Proceeds from the evening benefit the Boys & Girls Harbor, a 501(c)(3) non-profit home that welcomes children in need regardless of race, creed, color or financial status.