Here's an exclusive look at Cabernet Grill's ridiculously delicious grapefruit dessert.
Try this Ruby Red Grapefruit Buttermilk Pie, where your grandmother’s humble pastry of Sunday suppers long past has been dressed up for the new millennium with light elegant grapefruit flavors.
Ruby Red Grapefruit Buttermilk Pie
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 11/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon Ruby Red grapefruit zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 F. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the pie crust, about 1/2-inch apart. Pre-bake the crust until light brown. The holes will prevent the dough from rising up and forming bubbles. Beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until the mixture turns a light color and is fluffy. Add the flour and mix lightly. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour batter in pre-baked pie shell. Bake for 30 minutes, or until custard is set. Allow pie to rest before serving at room temperature.
Yeild: 9-inch pie