Themed “Angels Among Us,” the sold-out annual Trailblazer Awards Luncheon and Fashion Show welcomed more than 1,160 Show leaders, volunteers and guests.
Each guest received a crystal angel wing necklace with a tag embossed with the Trailblazer “T” on one side and 2015 on the other. The pendant is to symbolize “the angels now above us and also among us.”
The five honorees selected for 2015 reflect the volunteer spirit of the organization and are forward-thinking, productive volunteers who represent multiple committees and have demonstrated a dedication to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo through their time, talent and generosity. Honorees generally have served the Show as a volunteer for at least 10 years and served on at least two different committees. For the Pearl Award, an individual is selected at the discretion of the Trailblazer Committee chairman and the honoree selection committee to recognize an “above-and-beyond” commitment to the Show and the community.
The 2015 Trailblazer Award Honorees and the committees they represent are:
- Kay Stevens – Pearl Award – Calf Scramble, Cutting Horse, Quarter Horse, World’s Championship
- Linda Sue Barnes – Area Go Texan, Armed Forces Appreciation
- Cyndy Garza Roberts – Corporate Development, Cutting Horse, International, Trail Ride
- Jill Watson – International, Steer Auction, Steer Starlettes
- Donna Webster – Area Go Texan, Horticulture, School Art, Special Children’s