The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ rolled out the red carpet to recognize and celebrate the 2015 Trailblazer Award honorees at a special reception at NRG Center on Oct. 2, 2014.
The five women selected for 2015 reflect the volunteer spirit of the organization and are forward-thinking, productive volunteers who represent multiple committees and have demonstrated a dedication to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo through their time, talent and generosity.
Honorees generally have served the Show as a volunteer for at least 10 years and served on at least two different committees. For the Pearl Award, an individual is selected at the discretion of the Trailblazer Committee chairman and the honoree selection committee to recognize an “above-and-beyond” commitment to the Show and the community.
The 2015 Trailblazer Award Honorees and the committees they represent are:
- Kay Stevens – Pearl Award – Calf Scramble, Cutting Horse, Quarter Horse, World’s Championship Bar-B-Que
- Linda Sue Barnes – Area Go Texan, Armed Forces
- Cyndy Garza Roberts – Corporate Development, Cutting Horse, International, Trail Ride
- Jill Watson – International, Steer Auction, Steer Starlettes
- Donna Webster – Area Go Texan, Horticulture, School Art, Special Children’s