Hydrating Kelp & Green Tea Face Mask and Scrub
provided by Salve Naturals
Ingredients and Supplies
- 3 tablespoons Salve Organic Atlantic Kelp (from the Make Your Own Fresh Mask gift set)
- 2 green tea teabags
- 1/2 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional, but recommended)
- 3-4 tablespoons cold water
- 4 drops Salve melaleuca oil (optional)
- Small bowl for mixing
- 1 stir stick, popsicle stick or chopstick
Tear open the teabags and empty contents into mixing bowl. Add kelp and blend well with stir stick. Add remaining liquid ingredients, adjusting the amount of water based on thickness desired. (Mixture will thicken as it sits.) Mix well and apply to skin as evenly as possible. (Kelp has a tendency to clump.) Allow mask to dry on skin for 10-20 minutes, then gently massage mixture into skin in a circular, scrubbing movement to exfoliate. Rinse with cool water and use a washcloth to remove remaining kelp from pores.
For more skin care recipes from Salve’s Recipe Box or to purchase a Make Your Own Fresh Mask gift set visit salvenaturals.com.