We’ve got some great ideas for “paying it forward” while also crossing an item or two off your bucket list. Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference. Join us in December for 24 days of giving back.
Share with us about your 24 days of giving back and help inspire others! Post to PRIME Living’s facebook page or comment below.
Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Pay for the person behind you in line at Starbucks.
- Pay for the person behind you in line at the toll plaza.
- Give blood to your local blood bank.
- Offer to read a book out loud at a local elementary school, day care center or nursing home.
- Compliment every person you see in any given day—yes, that includes strangers!
- Take dinner to someone who’s feeling under the weather.
- Write a letter to someone serving in our military at amillionthanks.org.
- Have the whole family spend a few hours picking up litter around the neighborhood or at a local park.
- Host a neighborhood potluck.
- Donate clothing or blankets to a homeless shelter.
- Bring bagels to the office for everyone to enjoy.
- Call an old friend whom you haven’t talked to in a year or more.
- Donate your hair to locksoflove.org.
- Serve a meal at a local food bank.
- Collect all of your old eyeglasses and donate them to the local Lions Club. (They take used hearing aids, too.)
- Provide a microloan to a needy business through kiva.org.
- Donate a box of diapers or baby wipes to a women’s shelter.
- Walk, run or volunteer in a race for charity.
- Hold a garage sale and donate the profits.
- Donate your unused air miles to the American Cancer Society’s Air Miles Program.
- Join a literacy program focused on teaching English as a second language.
- Take a trivia quiz on freekibble.com and they’ll donate dog food to animal shelters.
- Gather all the spare change around the house, and make the day of a Salvation Army “red kettle” volunteer.
- Gather a group of friends to sing Christmas carols at a local nursing home.