The 2014 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition judging boasted 2,505 entries, including wines from 40 Texas wineries and 16 different countries.
Medals were awarded to 2,212 wines by 20 panels of judges, consisting of wine experts, collectors and knowledgeable consumers.
The 2014 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition Champions:
- Grand Champion Best of Show – Marchesi Antinori Guado al Tasso, Bolgheri DOC Superiore, 2009
- Reserve Grand Champion Best of Show – Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards Estate Bottled Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley, 2010
- Top Texas Wine – Bending Branch Winery Estate Tannat, Texas Hill Country, 2011
- Top Country Wine (Chile) – La Playa Vineyards Axel Cabernet Sauvignon, Colchagua Valley, 2011
- Top All-Around Winery – Michael~David Winery
- Top Wine Company – Trinchero Family Estates
- Top Sparkling Wine – Sophora Sparkling Rosé, New Zealand, NV
- Top White Wine – Sheldrake Point Riesling, Finger Lakes, 2011
- Top Red Wine – Fess Parker Winery The Big Easy, Santa Barbara County, California, 2011
- Top Sweet Wine – Sheldrake Point Riesling Ice Wine, Finger Lakes, 2010
- Top Value Wine – Vigilance Red Blend “Cimarron,” Red Hills, Lake County, California, 2011